Going Solar With The Two Steps
Going Solar can be easy. We are your local Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket solar installer and here at Cotuit Solar we believe in an easy two-step sustainable solution for going solar. First, reduce the energy demands of your home beginning with a free energy audit. Second, install a solar PV system. This approach will lead to long term energy independence and energy security for you and your family.
Step 1: Energy Efficiency – Energy Audits
Energy efficiency is one of the most cost effective ways to reduce your carbon footprint, clean the air we breathe, and reduce energy costs. By making smart energy choices we can manage costs, enhance the value and comfort of our homes, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Cape Light Compact: 1-800-797-6699 (Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard)
- Free home energy audit/free energy efficient light bulbs, and free air sealing
- Generous incentives and resources to make weatherizing your home and installing energy upgrades affordable
- Rebates on energy efficient products
- Enhanced incentives for income eligible residents
- Special programs for new construction and rental properties
- Innovative pilot programs that can substantially increase your money and energy savings.
For more information about Cape Light Compact Services, please visit: capelightcompact.org
Mass Save : 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) (Nantucket)
- Rebates available on a variety of Energy Star rated appliances
- Free energy audit
- Save big on Energy Star lighting
- Lots of energy savings tips
- 0% financing with HEAT Loan program to help install energy efficient home improvements
For more information about MassSave please visit: masssave.com/residential
Step 2: Installing Solar Photovoltaic (PV)
How It Works: The PV modules capture the sun’s energy as DC power, which gets converted into AC power by the inverter. The inverter then sends the electricity to your home. These electricity producing renewable energy systems are typically grid tied or net metered, which means they run your meter backward and feed electricity back into the incoming power lines when you produce more than you use. The end result is either an electric bill with $0 owed or a significant reduction in your bill.
Installation Process: We make going solar super easy. Our goal is to deliver a quality, dependable product, but most of all we want to provide impeccable customer service and support throughout the entire process of going solar. We evaluate your home for solar and give you a detailed proposal and help with loan applications and utility interconnections, as well as file all required permits and schedule inspections. We then install the system typically in one day. Finally, we monitor and help you with reporting your production in order to receive that quarterly check for your solar renewable energy credits (SRECs).
Going solar can be easy with the two steps! There has never been a more affordable time to go solar with these Solar Incentives:
- 30% Federal Tax Credit
- State Tax Credit for primary home owner
- MA Solar Loan Program with a special buy down feature for qualified households
- Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECS) for 10 years
Cotuit Solar has been helping people go solar on Cape Cod & the Islands for close to 30 years. Give us a call 508-428-8442 to begin the conversation so that we can help you go solar.